Obligitory New Years Resolutions Post
Its that time of year again. It’s time where everyone looks back at their life and says…this is not where I thought I would be. Or, in the words of a friend of mine, “All my life I thought I was going to go somewhere and be something, instead I ended up here.” Yes, I recognize that it is probably bad luck to start the New Year off with a very sarcastic and bitter post, but if you can’t bitch on your blog about the world where can you? In that spirit, I make the following resolutions for the New Year:
1. Get a job that pays enough to pay all my bills on time, instead of cycling them each month which to pay.
2. Write more, I have a book that I’ve been writing and I really need to stop making excuses and just finish the thing so I can go back and start editing the parts that suck.
3. Read 20+ books, not a very ambitious goal as I read 28 last year, but it’s a reasonable goal.
4. Find new and interesting ways to show my wife I love her.
5. Save up money to move the hell out of California, so I can actually afford to live and start thinking about having a kid.
6. Drink more good beer (as opposed to most of the beers out there) because beer makes everything better; that and Jack Daniels
That’s it. No unrealistic goals about loosing weight, or going to the gym, or working out every day. I will not run a marathon, give to more charity, or plant any trees. In stead I will focus on making my life situation better, making my wife happier, and work on being able to accept compliments for what they are instead of shrugging them off.
2007 shall be the year of renewal for me. I shall stop worrying about where I have been, and focus on where I am going. Mistakes will be learned from, not dwelt on. So its time to look fate in the eye, dig my heals in, and get ready for what is to come. I’ve been beaten repeatedly over the last year, and this time I’m going to spit in the face of fate if it tries to make things any worse. I will pick myself up from last years ashes, and charge forward into the New Year with a sense of purpose and future. This year will be better, because I have said so. So let it be written, so let it be done, the Trinity has spoken.