Finally Getting Setteled in…a little
Wow, the time really is flying now that we have landed here in Morresville. You would think that since we have been here for a couple of weeks, we would have been fairly well unpacked by now, but that is not the case. Currently the Kitchen is unpacked, as we need it for thinks like making food to eat. The Christmas tree was one of our priorities, so the Living room is also mostly finished as well. So I found myself asking myself this morning, “Self, why don’t you have more things unpacked.” And I promptly responded, “It’s on my to do list!!”
Since we have arrived we have accomplished the following tasks:
- Unload and return the U-Haul that we drove 2400+ miles to get here in
- Went to NC DMV to get driver’s licenses
- Went to different DMV to get new plates for our new SUV
- Set up utilities, because in the year 2008 it’s nice to have things like heat and DSL, and you can become a bit of a social outcast if you don’t bath in hot water on a regular basis
- Opened a new Bank Account since no one in North Carolina has ever heard of Washington Mutual before
- Made Christmas gifts of melted chocolates in various shapes and flavors, including dark chocolate covered pretzels with crushed almonds on top
- Found local Chinese food!!!!!!
- Found local grocery stores
- Recorded a 8 Song CD as a Christmas gift for family (we may post this to our family blog soon, if not it will be here)
- Started finding a Church
So, as you can see, we’ve been busy. Add to all of this the fact that I’ve been trying to get some work done for my old Employer back in California, as well as trying to find a new job here, and unpacking the boxes stacked in my office seems like something to do when I has spare time.
More to come on the move latter, but for now I have things to do like find more reasons not to unpack the boxes in my office 🙂